Tuesday, September 18, 2007

sound familiar?

so, i was reading on the worship matters blog today and stumbled upon this little diddy
"Here’s our most recent e-mail exchange.

Mark (in the e-mail with the 9th song): Another song for your consideration.

Bo Lotinsky (who works with me): STOP!! You’re depressing Bob and I have to cope with the results.

Bob: I’m going off to a hole somewhere. Mark, are you still a pastor?

Mark: Yeah, but I’ve been so effective, that all our folks are now completely sanctified. Got nothin’ else to do but watch TV and play guitar.

I thank God for Mark Altrogge, Sovereign Grace’s song writing machine. Now I just need to figure out where to put all those songs."

sounds much like the crap that we say at the end of a long night. oh, how funny...and woefully arrogant we are to say things like that, all the while knowing that we are petty wretches saved for His glory.

-joe

No comments: